Therapeutic Exercise: Foundations and Techniques
- 6th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Carolyn Kisner PT, MS; Lynn Allen Colby PT, MS
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2574-X / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2574-7
- Physical Therapy, Orthopedics/Orthopaedics
Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, Kisner & Colby’s 6th Edition offers the most up-to-date exercise guidelines for individualizing interventions for those with movement disorders.
Now with contributions from the leading experts in the field, it encompasses all of the principles of therapeutic exercise and manual therapy, including spinal surgery and spinal manipulation. This renowned manual remains the authoritative source for exercise instruction for the therapist and for patient self-management.
Plus, you’ll have access to Kisner and Colby's Therapeutic Exercise Video Library online at DavisPlus, featuring over 30 NEW full-color video clips—94 in all—demonstrating basic therapeutic exercises and techniques.
• Superb art program, including anatomical illustrations, line drawings, photographs and radiographs.
• Evidence boxes summarizing current literature.
• "Management Guideline" boxes.
• "Pathology/Surgical Procedure" and "Preferred Practice Pattern" tables.
• "Postsurgery Outcome" boxes.
• Clinical Examples throughout.
• Case studies at the end of selected chapters.
• Clinical laboratory activities and questions for critical thinking and discussion at the end of every chapter.
New to this Edition:
• Greater emphasis on clinical decision making.
• ICF terminology.
• More contributions from experts in the field.
• New chapter on advanced function training.
• Full-color photographs and illustrations.
• Over 30 NEW full-color video clips—94 in all—demonstrating basic therapeutic exercises and techniques in Kisner and Colby's Therapeutic Exercise Video Library.
Specialty Score: 2.4 Health Sciences - Physical Therapy
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is one of the most comprehensive books on therapeutic exercise. The material is well written and well referenced."
-- Chris Hughes, PT, PhD, OCS, CSCS (Slippery Rock University) Doody's Review - previous edition