Delmar's Geriatric Nursing Care Plans
Care for your elderly patients with compassion, competence, and sound nursing skill. Delmar's Geriatric Nursing Care Plans provides detailed information for nurses caring for the aging population. All the information needed to develop specific and effective nursing care plans for the most commonly-seen disorders is included in this user-friendly resource. Care plans solicit specific patient data and prompt the user to customize the interventions and evaluate the patient’s individual responses to care provided.
- • 47 of the most commonly encountered conditions seen in the elderly populations
- • A description of the disorder, anticipated medical treatment and nursing care, including interventions, rationales, discharge and maintenance instructions
- • Body system organization helps nurses quickly locate information and disorders
- • North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) diagnoses
- • Nursing Intervention Classifications (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC) have been added
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a worthwhile publication that will be an excellent tool for students or practicing nurses. The book is a concise reference for individualizing care for geriatric clients."
-- Susan Spooner-Holland, MSN, RN, GNP (Northwestern State University)
The information is presented in a manner that will enable both the novice and experienced practitioner to use it. The rationale for the interventions is especially nice for the student to understand the science base for the interventions chosen.