Delmar's Pediatric Nursing Care Plans
Delmar's Pediatric Nursing Care Plans provides detailed information on developing care plans for children with health alterations. Each plan presents information to guide users in developing comprehensive, individualized nursing care plans based on solid, scientific knowledge. They solicit specific client data and prompt the user to individualize the interventions and evaluate the child's individual responses. Interventions and outcomes are suggested to keep parents informed of and involved in their child's care.
- • An introductory chapter provides an overview of how to customize a care plan to meet the needs of a specific client
- • Focus on health promotion, restoration, disease prevention, and understanding children as clients
- • Body-system organization allows readers to quickly access desired content areas; brief system overviews outline growth and development and normal system function
- • Current North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) diagnoses are used throughout
- • Nursing Interventions Classifications (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC)
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This book is a very useful guide in helping the nurse through the nursing process which includes care planning. Resources like this book make this job much easier for the nurse."
-- Rebecca McKernan, BSN, MSN (University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center) Doody's Review
This book is written for nurses, students and advanced practice nurses who work with pediatric clients.