Pickard's Manual of Operative Dentistry
- 10th Ed.
- © Oxford University Press
- Avijit Banerjee; Timothy F. Watson
- ISBN-10: 0-19-871209-X / ISBN-13: 978-0-19-871209-1
- Dentistry, Surgery
An ideal introduction to the theory and practical aspects of conservative dentistry, the tenth edition of Pickards' Guide to Minimally Invasive Operative Dentistry is a must-have text for all dental students, new graduates and oral healthcare professionals alike. Written in an easy to understand and concise style, the authors introduce the essentials of dental disease before outlining how to collect patient information clinically in order to detect, diagnose, plan and deliver care.
Exploring key topics such as disease prevention and control, the principles of minimally invasive operative dentistry, contemporary restorative materials and procedures, this completely up-to-date revised edition integrates a thorough academic grounding for degree examination with an essential preparation for clinical practice for the whole oral healthcare team. Illustrated with step-by-step colour photos, common clinical procedures are clearly set out and labelled for beginners to learn. The tenth edition has been updated to reflect the latest evidence based guidelines for preventative management and there is a focus on maintaining existing restorations and follow-up long term care.
- • A well-loved and essential dentistry text, this is ideal for use across dentistry and oral professional courses, from the beginning undergraduate to graduate level
- • A unique blend of core dental science and practical skills
- • Operative procedures are clearly demonstrated through step-by-step image sequences
- • Questions throughout chapters, with end of chapter answers, allow readers to check their understanding as they progress
- • Clinical tips appear throughout the text to bring theory to life
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Pickard's Manual of Operative Dentistry has been and in my opinion still is the authoritative text on simple operative dentistry and should find a place on the shelves of all undergraduate dental students, student hygiene/therapists and student dental nurses. I also feel that this book can have considerable value to new postgraduates involved with any aspect of operative dentistry as a simple refresher text."
-- British Dental Journal, 196 - previous edition
This title is the ideal support, at all undergraduate levels, for dental undergraduates and dental care professionals (e.g. therapists) and will act as a solid reference for further post-graduate education.