Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
- 7th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Tina Sanders; Valerie C. Scanlon PhD
- Valerie C. Scanlon, PhD
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-3957-0 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3957-7
- Nursing, Anatomy, Orthopedics/Orthopaedics
Leading the way for nearly 25 years with unsurpassed clarity, content, and completeness.
Make anatomy and physiology fun and easy to study. Through six editions, this best-selling text has led the way with exactly what you need to build a firm foundation in this must-know subject.
A student-friendly writing style, superb art program, a wealth of learning opportunities in every chapter, and online activities instill confidence every step of the way. It’s the perfect introduction to the world of anatomy.
The 7th Edition delivers even more of what nursing and allied health students in a variety of disciplines need to meet the challenges of health care today. And, it’s ready-made for multiple learning styles.
- • Flexible presentation of content makes the text suitable for any course.
- • Precisely detailed, full-color illustrations throughout make every concept clear.
- • Highly detailed anatomy photographs and full-color illustrations enhance visual learning.
- • Clinical application boxes put theory into action.
- • Extensive microbiology tables reinforce the text.
- • Questions for every figure in the book encourage critical thinking and reinforce understanding of the image and the content.
- • A wealth of pedagogical features promotes learning and includes chapter outlines, student objectives, new and related clinical terminology (with pronunciations), study outlines, review questions and "For Further Thought" discussion topics, and a comprehensive glossary.
New to this Edition:
- • UPDATED & REVISED! Thoroughly updated and revised throughout to reflect all of today’s new knowledge, including information on energy production and the function of “junk” DNA and the hygiene hypothesis.
- • EXPANDED! At least one picture question in the “For Further Thought” section in every chapter.
- • EXPANDED! More full-color illustrations and photomicrographs.
- • NEW! Pretests and post-tests for every chapter with print and email capabilities.
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 3 Nursing - Anatomy/Physiology
Go to Doody's Review page