Nutrition and Diet Therapy: Evidence-Based Applications
- 6th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Carroll A. Lutz MA, RN; Erin E. Mazur MSN, RN, FNP-BC; Nancy A. Litch MS, RD
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-3718-7 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3718-4
- eISBN-10: 0-8036-4390-X / eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-4390-1
- Oncology, Evidence Based Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics
An AJN Book of the Year Award Winner!
Meet the ever-changing demands of providing quality nutritional care for patients across the lifespan. This popular text provides a strong foundation in the science of nutrition and a clear understanding of how to apply that knowledge in practice, recognizing the need for nurses to work with other healthcare professionals to ensure optimal nutrition in patient care. Thoroughly updated and revised, it combines nursing care with the nutritional information pertinent to today’s classroom and clinical practice settings.
- • Emphasis on clinical applications.
- • Nutrient recommendations and food label data, including updated DRIs.
- • Cautions for unregulated supplements and descriptions of interactions of food, drug, and over-the-counter nutrients.
- • Life cycle approach that includes screening tools and nutritional interventions for infants, children, adolescents, and mature adults, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
- • Updated recommendations and food plans for weight control, clients with diabetes, HIV/AIDS, dysphasia, preventing heart disease, and other health concerns.
- • Useful assessment tools and tables throughout, including Food Handling Guidelines, Labeling Regulations, Research Summaries, and Wellness Tips
- • Coverage of nutria-genomics and genomics.
- • “Teamwork” exercises focusing on nutritional documentation from different care providers, including dietitians, physical therapists, and speech therapists.
- • “Dollars and Sense” feature highlighting which food costs or economic factors influence nutritional care.
New to this Edition:
- • REVISED AND UPDATED! The latest nutritional guidelines and information, including references to websites that reflect current recommendations, government programs that encourage healthy eating, and new food allergy guidelines.
- • REVISED AND UPDATED! “Nourishing the Multitudes” feature highlights global and national hunger and malnutrition issues.
- • NEW! Introduction to the pros and cons of bottled water use versus community sources.
- • EXPANDED! Discussion of the importance of good nutrition in young and middle age adults in disease prevention.
- • EXPANDED! Cultural and religious influences on nutrition.
- • EXPANDED! Evidence-based references.
Specialty Score: 2.21 Nursing - Nutrition; 2.2 Health Sciences - Nutrition
Go to Doody's Review page