Contemporary Nursing Knowledge: Analysis and Evaluation of Nursing Models and Theories
- 3rd Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Jacqueline Fawcett PhD, FAAN; Susan Desanto-Madeya PhD, RN
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2765-3 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2765-9
What is nursing? What do nurses do? How do you define it?
The 3rd Edition of this AJN Book-of-the-Year Award-Winner helps you answer those questions with a unique approach to the scientific basis of nursing knowledge. Using conceptual models, grand theories, and middle-range theories as guidelines you will learn about the current state and future of nurse educators, nurse researchers, nurse administrators, and practicing nurses.
In this e-book version the bonus CD-ROM information is delivered electronically and covers conceptual model and theory-based practice applications, practice tools, research applications, and research instruments, as well as a complete bibliography and lists of additional resources to help you study.
- • CD-ROM (CD-ROM info is available electronically in this e-book) features conceptual model- and theory-based practice applications, practice tools, research applications, and research instruments, as well as each chapter's bibliography.
- • An overview and list of key terms at the beginning of each chapter provides a quick preview of the essential content.
- • A consistent nursing process format for each conceptual model and theory help you understand how it is actually used in practice.
- • Strategies demonstrate how to implement each nursing model and theory in clinical nursing practice.
- • The most current bibliography includes published literature on conceptual models and theories—with yearly updates on DavisPlus.
- • Quotations from primary sources represent each theorist’s work, avoiding confusing or inaccurate interpretations of their intent.
- • Tables feature applications to practice and research listed according to development stage, medical diagnosis, and practice setting, and health focus.
New to this Edition:
- • NEW! New co-author, Susan DeSanto-Madeya.
- • EXPANDED! A greater focus on practice and research.
- • NEW! Continuing case study in each conceptual model or theory chapter that follows a fictional multi-generational, culturally diverse family to demonstrate its application to practice and research.
- • UPDATED & EXPANDED! Streamlined two-color design with new and revised illustrations of each nursing model and theory in nursing practice.
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.79 Nursing - Theory
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a valuable and current resource of nursing knowledge development. It is one of the most in-depth and most comprehensive resources on nursing theory."
-- Vicki Moss, DNSc, MS, BSN, RN (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh) Doody's Review - previous edition
This book is intended for all nurses and nursing students. It addresses nursing knowledge for research, administration, education, and practice. It is most suitable for graduate students, but it would be an excellent resource for undergraduates. The author is an internationally recognized leader in the area of conceptual models and nursing theory.