EKG Plain and Simple
- 3rd Ed.
- © Pearson Education, Inc.
- Karen M. Ellis RN
- ISBN-10: 0-13-237729-2 / ISBN-13: 978-0-13-237729-4
- Nursing, Cardiology
Unlike books that encourage rote memorization, this conversationally-written text puts the student at the patient’s bedside, focusing not just on identifying rhythms or EKGs, but also on “Now what do I do for the patient?” Assuming no prior knowledge, it covers EKG from basic to advanced concepts. Part I progresses seamlessly from basic cardiac A&P through waves and complexes, lead morphology, and rhythms. Part II covers 12-lead interpretation, axis, hypertrophy, myocardial infarction, and more. The text presents many clinical scenarios, anecdotes, and critical thinking exercises, plus hundreds of practice rhythm strips and 12-lead EKGs. This edition adds new scenarios, chapter notes, and tables; more medication information; and new coverage ranging from MI symptoms to hemiblocks.
Key Features:Friendly, conversational writing style–easy to read and understand, like a favorite teacher explaining each concept, one on one
- • Makes EKGs more accessible, giving students more comfort with the material
- • Helps students link EKGs with the lives of their patients
- • Helps students master EKGs regardless of their background
- • Offers students valuable clinical insights and experience related to EKGs and the heart
- • Gives students unparalleled opportunities to practice with a wide range of scenarios
- • Helps students deepen their knowledge easily and interactively
- • Helps instructors design and organize the most effective courses for their students
New to this Edition:
- • New! “What’s It All About” opening scenarios–helping to show the clinical importance of each chapter’s information
- • New! Mid-chapter “Checkups”–including questions and scenarios that gauge the student’s readiness to proceed
- • New! End-of-chapter summary notes–helping students refocus on the most important concepts that have been presented
- • Expanded! More coverage of medication–including more medications and updated medications throughout the Cardiac Medications chapter
- • Expanded! More critical thinking scenarios–including a total of ten critical thinking scenarios at the end of the book
- • New! Coverage of Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome–added toventricular rhythms chapter
- • Expanded! More tables throughout–helping students visualize and compare material
- • Expanded! MI coverage–including expanded material on MI symptoms, and the complications and treatment of STEMI and NSTEMI
- • New! Coverage of hemiblocks–following the text’s material on bundle branch blocks
- • Updated and expanded! Improved PowerPoint slides–updated with the latest clinical information, and now clicker-compatible
- • Improved! More visually appealing full-color art–helping students gain a faster, deeper visual understanding of key concepts
For all courses on reading electrocardiograms, in curricula that include EKG/cardiac tech, nursing, critical care, paramedic, medicine, respiratory therapy, and exercise physiology.