Clinical Laboratory Hematology
- 3rd Ed.
- © Pearson Education, Inc.
- J. Lynne Williams PhD, MT(ASCP); Kristin Landis-Piwowar PhD, MLS(ASCP)<sup>CM</sup>; Shirlyn B. McKenzie PhD, MLS(ASCP)<sup>CM</sup>, SH(ASCP)<sup>CM</sup>
- ISBN-10: 0-13-307601-6 / ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307601-1
- Hematology, Laboratory & Diagnosis
For courses in beginning and advanced hematology for MLS and MLT students.
Clinical Laboratory Hematology, Third Edition, continues its stellar reputation as a comprehensive, yet reader-friendly, resource for all levels of hematology laboratory education, offering a visually engaging design and effective learning features that help students master the content. The text’s teaching and learning package includes an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint presentation slides, a test bank, image bank, and a companion website with resources for both instructor and students.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- • Designed for both MLT and MLS students, the text provides a beneficial and economical resource for laboratory science programs that offer both levels of instruction and includes a wealth of learning features.
- • Each chapter features a consistent format with a striking visual design, making it easy for the reader to find information on each topic.
- • Complemented by a variety of ancillary materials designed to help instructors be more efficient and effective and students more successful.
New To This Edition:
Designed for both MLT and MLS students, the text provides a beneficial and economical resource for laboratory science programs that offer both levels of instruction and includes multiple unique learning tools within each chapter that allow the reader to analyze, synthesize, understand and evaluate the information:
- • New! This edition is thoroughly updated to include the latest in advances in laboratory medicine.
- • New! New chapters added on evaluation of blood cells: “The CBC and Peripheral Smear Examination” and “The Platelet”. This presents some basic information early in the book that will help the student understand material in other chapters.
- • Revised! Substantially revised chapters include: “Molecular Analysis of Hematopoietic Diseases” and “Body Fluids”.
- • Revised! The “Intro to Hemolytic Anemia” and “Intro to Anemia” chapters have been combined to provide students with a solid introduction to the subject of anemia before they get to the specifics of hemolytic anemia.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The book is easy to read and quite accessible to the novice. The topics are covered in significant depth and breadth such that this book is clearly a nice "stand alone" book for anything you might ever want to know about clinical laboratory hematology. This is really a great addition to the clinical laboratory and hematology fields. I highly recommend it!"
-- Valerie Ng, PhD, MD (Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital) - previous edition