Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine
- 3rd Ed.
- © American Pharmacists Association
- Richard J. Kowalsky PharmD, BCNP, FAPhA; Steven W. Falen MD, PhD
- ISBN-10: 1-58212-118-4 / ISBN-13: 978-1-58212-118-5
Radiopharmaceuticals in Nuclear Pharmacy and Nuclear Medicine, 3rd edition, is a comprehensive reference for nuclear pharmacists, nuclear medicine physicians, and nuclear medicine technologists. It will also be useful in educational programs in these disciplines and as a key reference in preparation for specialty board examination in nuclear medicine and nuclear pharmacy.
- • All chapters have been reorganized and expanded with updated information.
- • Chapter text is supported by references to the primary literature and is enriched by the use of color and the inclusion of more than 200 tables and more than 500 figures to enhance understanding of key concepts.
- • Four new chapters have been added to cover (1) microbiologic control of radiopharmaceuticals, emphasizing USP 797 guidelines; (2) radiopharmaceutical special topics, focusing on formulation problems, pediatric dosing, breast milk excretion, and adverse reactions; (3) molecular imaging and new radiopharmaceutical development; and (4) clinical PET procedures
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is the most comprehensive book on basic radioactive principles, nuclear pharmacy practice activities, diagnostic and therapeutic drug preparation and utilization, radiation safety, and nuclear regulations for nuclear pharmacists in the United States. It is an excellent teaching textbook for students and a valuable reference for practitioners."
-- Elaine Mackowiak, BSPharm, MS, PhD, RPh (Temple University School of Pharmacy) Doody's Review
It is intended for students in nuclear pharmacy, nuclear medicine, and nuclear medicine technology. It is also an excellent update for advanced students and clinical practitioners. The authors and contributors are well known and accomplished in the field.