Trissel's™ Stability of Compounded Formulations
- 5th Ed.
- © American Pharmacists Association
- Lawrence A. Trissel FASHP
- ISBN-10: 1-58212-167-2 / ISBN-13: 978-1-58212-167-3
- Radiology, Pharmacy/Pharmacology
Trissel's Stability of Compounded Formulations is the only book in print that provides a single compilation of all currently available stability information on drugs in compounded oral, enteral, topical, ophthalmic, and other specialized preparations.
Based on data published over the past 55 years, the reference summarizes specific formulations and stability studies. It helps readers (a) determine whether formulated compounds will be stable for the anticipated duration of use, (b) properly store and repackage compounded formulations, (c) formulate in accordance with documented standards, and (d) counsel patients on the use and storage of compounded medications.
- Monographs on 510 products including 77 new monographs and 433 updated from the previous edition arranged alphabetically by nonproprietary name.
- Each monograph organized into 3 easy-to-use categories: Properties, General Stability Considerations, and Stability Reports of Compounded Preparations.
- Fourth and fifth categories included where information is available: Compatibility with Other Drug Products and Compatibility with Common Beverages and Foods.
- Two appendices Beyond-Use Dating for Compounded Nonsterile Preparations and Beyond-Use Dating for Compounded Sterile Preparation--summarizing USP benchmarks for assigning beyond-use periods in the absence of relevant research.
- Index of nonproprietary and brand names.