Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology
- 4th Ed.
- © Oxford University Press
- Christopher Denton; Helen Foster; John Isaacs; Philip G. Conaghan; Richard A. Watts; Ulf Müller-Ladner
- ISBN-10: 0-19-964248-6 / ISBN-13: 978-0-19-964248-9
The field of rheumatology has undergone numerous exciting advances in recent years, especially the development of biological drugs with novel targets, made possible by rapid advances in the basic science of musculoskeletal diseases together with improved imaging techniques. This thoroughly revised fourth edition of the Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology reflects the changing face of the specialty and the many recent advances in the science, treatment, and understanding of rheumatic diseases.
The focus of this comprehensive reference work is the presentation and management of rheumatic conditions at all ages. Where relevant, treatment approaches are evidence-based and cross-referenced to national and international guidelines. Each clinical chapter provides up-to-date treatment advice illustrated with clinical vignettes as appropriate, and the authors consistently emphasize the overlap of rheumatology with other disciplines.
• A complete revision of the classic reference text in the field contains all you need to know in one comprehensive volume • Along with new information on drug therapies, pathology, and imaging, the text now contains full colour illustrations which enhance the learning experience • Authored by international experts in the field, presenting a comprehensive world view
New to this Edition:
• The pathogenesis and pathology of rheumatic disease are covered in detail with particular emphasis on current concepts • There is increased emphasis on the investigation and treatment of rheumatic disease, especially imaging techniques and the use of biologic agents in treatment
Combine Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology with the Tarascon Pocket Rheumatologica companion title for an indispensable ready reference duo at point of care.
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.6 Health Sciences - Rheumatology
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This excellent resource summarizes all adult and pediatric rheumatic diseases. The best feature is the clinical case scenario that begins each disease discussion, which makes the book interactive and interesting. The good number of illustrations and separate chapters on imaging modalities are particularly useful."
"This is a must have for any rheumatologist, as it is comprehensive and up to date with the latest developments in the field. This edition is certainly justified in light of the many advances in the field, particularly in therapeutics, that have occurred in the intervening decade."
-- Saba Beg, MD (Washington University Medical Center) Doody's Review
"Overall this is a superb textbook that reflects current understanding of rheumatology around the world."
-- The Journal of Rheumatology - previous edition
This book is essential reading for all trainee and consultant rheumatologists, and will also be of interest to specialist nurses, allied health professionals, and primary care physicians who deal with patients with rheumatic and musculoskeletal problems.