Psychiatry Essentials for Primary Care
- © American College of Physicians
- James L. Levenson MD; Robert K. Schneider MD, FACP
- 1-930513-71-2 / 978-1-930513-71-6
Psychiatry Essentials for Primary Care is an easy-to-use resource written specifically for general clinicians from the general medical point of view! It helps physicians recognize, screen, and manage various psychiatric disorders. Focusing on MAPSO (mood disorders, anxiety, psychosis, substance-induced and organic/other issues) the book provides clear guidance on the most common disorders primary-care physicians encounter.
- • The Current Standards of Care
- • Therapy Recommendations
- • Medication Tables
- • Patient Resources
- • Packed with helpful features, Psychiatry Essentials for Primary Carepresents all the information non-specialists will need clearly and concisely. Throughout the book, mnemonics reinforce key concepts and make them easy to remember.
Guides to psychiatry to often leave physicians feeling overwhelmed with more information than they need to better treat their patients; Psychiatry Essentials for Primary Care is the cornerstone for psychiatric knowledge physicians have been waiting for!
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is an excellent guide to the treatment of psychiatric illness. I would highly recommend it to any general practitioner. As a former family medicine physician, I wish I had this book back then."
-- Brett Plyler, M.D. (Northwestern Memorial Hospital) Doody's Review
The book is written for general medical practitioners.