Advanced Assessment: Interpreting Findings and Formulating Differential Diagnoses
- 3rd Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Laurie Grubbs PhD, MSN, ANP-C; Mary Jo Goolsby, EdD, MSN, ANP-C, CAE, FAANP
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-4363-2 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-4363-5
- Nursing, Diagnosis, Evidence Based Medicine, Point of Care
The 3rd Edition of this AJN Book of the Year shows you how to perform a focused history and physical based on presenting complaints and then interpret the findings to arrive at a definitive differential diagnosis.
Its complaint-focused organization makes it the perfect point-of-care resource for the classroom and in the clinical setting.
- • Complaint-focused approach organized by body system.
- • Step-by-step how tos for taking a focused history, performing a physical based on presenting complaints/problems, and interpreting the findings.
- • Guidance on selecting diagnostic tests and interpreting those studies to help narrow down the diagnoses.
- • Prediction rules for selected disorders.
- • Lifespan coverage that includes children, older adults, and pregnant patients.
- • Quick-reference features, including red flags, assessment pearls, medications causing symptom, and selected causes of symptoms.
- • Thoroughly updated, including more references that support evidence-based practice.
- • Expanded discussions on diagnosing complex conditions.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The purpose is to provide a quick reference for nurse practitioners and to serve as a text for nurse practitioner students who are studying health assessment and need help with assessment and obtaining a differential diagnosis. These worthy objectives are met."
-- Carole Kenner, PhD, MSN, BSN (Northeastern University Bouve College of Health Sciences) Doody's Review - previous edition
The audience includes nurse practitioner students, nurse practitioners and practicing clinicians.