Medical Interview: Mastering Skills for Clinical Practice, The
- 5th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- John L. Coulehan MD, MPH, FACP; Marian L. Block MD, ABFP
- 978-0-8036-1246-4 / ISBN-10: 0-8036-1246-X
- Nursing, Health Education, Point of Care, Primary Care
Master the art of conducting a medical interview and in the process hone your communication skills.
- • Enhanced and reorganized material on the patient profile, lifestyle, substance abuse, and sexual history.
- • New section on interviewing skills related to ethical and legal issues and how to deal with unanticipated adverse outcomes.
- • Web-based interview organizer available at DavisPlus (http://davisplus.fadavis.com/)
- • Cut-and-carry interview tips
- • Two additional chapters
- • Helping patients understand, interpret, and utilize material obtained on the Internet.
- • More coverage of transparency in the medical interview.
- • Handling difficult interview situations and difficult patients.
- • How spirituality relates to healthcare and the clinician-patient interaction.
- • Redesigned interview format for greater ease-of-use and clearer understanding.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a very useful and readable book for beginning students, or for those looking to hone their skills in certain situations."
-- Sally Ling, M.D., FACP (University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine) Doody's Review
The book is written for medical students and other healthcare professionals who are just learning the process involved in medical interviews as well as for those experienced clinicians who are working on continual improvement in this critical skill. The authors are well respected for their contributions to the field of medical interviewing.