Advancing Your Career: Concepts in Professional Nursing
- 6th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Rose Kearney-Nunnery, RN, PhD
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-4203-2 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-4203-4
Advance your career to the next level of professional practice!
Build on your prior nursing experiences. Here are all the theories and concepts you need to progress from RN to BSN and beyond. From timely topics, such as JCAHO’s safety initiatives, to healthcare reform and global issues, this popular text helps you continue your education and reach the next level of professional practice.
Explore the challenges and issues that are changing the field of nursing. Then apply them to the situations you encounter in practice today . . . and to the challenges you’ll encounter tomorrow.
Perfect for both classroom-based and online courses!
- • Coverage of The Joint Commission’s initiatives and roles in accreditation.
- • Issues from the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) and magnet status.
- • Discussions on delegation and how it relates to the management of unlicensed assistive personnel.
- • All of the critical components of professional nursing practice, including effective communication, professional ethics, leadership, group theory, teaching/ learning, and multicultural issues.
- • Quantum physics theory and its relevance to nursing care.
- • Nanotechnology and genomics and how they affect nursing.
- • Data element sets and terminologies recognized by ANA.
- • Staffing issues related to safety.
- • Coverage of domestic violence issues.
New to this Edition
- • UPDATED & REVISED! Thoroughly updated and revised to reflect the issues affecting the practice of nursing today.
- • NEW! Coverage of recently passed federal laws on providing and paying for health care, including the Affordable Care Act and Accountable Care Organizations.
- • NEW! Four color design.
- • NEW! New concepts on group process, change theory, health promotion initiatives, informatics, health care economics, health care reform and global issues
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is a valuable and current resource of nursing knowledge development. It is one of the most in-depth and most comprehensive resources on nursing theory."
-- Vicki Moss, DNSc, MS, BSN, RN (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh) - Doody's Review - previous edition