Labor and Delivery Nursing: A Guide to Evidence-Based Practice
- © Springer Publishing Company, Inc.
- GAYLE M. HUELSMANN BSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM; MICHELLE L. MURRAY PhD, RNC-OB
- 0-8261-1803-8 / 978-0-8261-1803-5
- Nursing, Evidence Based Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology
Labor and delivery nursing requires critical thinking, constant caring, teamwork, and communication. As the first line of defense to prevent injury, labor and delivery nurses take on some of the most difficult and trying challenges in the delivery room.
Murray and Huelsmann present this clinically oriented guide to help labor and delivery nurses make wise decisions in the delivery room. The authors provide a wealth of insight on how to maximize both maternal and fetal outcomes. This book provides authoritative guidance on intervention options, creation of patient-centered plans of care, and improved communication with other members of the obstetrics team.Special Features:
- Explains the stages and phases of delivery, pain management, patient assessment, and much more
- Features references, relevant graphics, skills checklists, and review questions at the end of each section
- Useful for RNs new to the field, seasoned practitioners looking for updated methods and data, and nurses preparing for certification and licensure
- With this book, nurses will gain the confidence and competence to approach labor and delivery challenges with care and efficiency.