Pearson Intravenous Drug Guide
- © Pearson Education, Inc.
- Billie Ann Wilson RN, PhD; Kelly M. Shields PharmD; Margaret T. Shannon RN, PhD
- 0-13-513897-3 / 978-0-13-513897-7
Updated in a new edition for 2011-2012, this Intravenous drug guide provides safe, effective, current, and accurate I.V. drug information in a quickly accessible format. Comprehensive and complete, it details all intravenous medications with preparation and administration so complete - no other IV resource is necessary. All drugs are listed alphabetically by generic names for quick referral, with an index that includes both generic and trade names. Some additional features include:
- • Critical dosage, preparation, and administration adjustments by relevant clinical indication, weight, and age, including clear and easy-to-read dosing tables where applicable
- • Comprehensive incompatibilities for solution, additive and Y-site preparations
- • Clear and easy-to-read dosing tables for chemotherapeutic drugs according to National Cancer Institute toxicity scales
- • National Institute of Health recommendations for handling cytotoxic drugs
- • FDA pregnancy categories
- • Clinically relevant adverse effects, contraindications, and cautions
- • Important assessment guidelines and monitoring parameters
- • Comprehensive patient and family teaching guidelines
- • Clear, precise nursing implications for assessment and monitoring patients
- • Unique glossary of key terms, clinical conditions, and associated signs and symptoms
This is a perfect resource for practicing nurses!
For courses in Fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, and Pharmacology.