Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice
- © Springer Publishing Company, LLC
- Brenda L. Lyon PhD, RN, CNS, FAAN; Janet S. Fulton PhD, RN, AcNS-Bc, FAAN; Kelly A. Goudreau PhD, RN, ACNS-BC, FAAN
- ISBN-10: 0-8261-2966-8 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8261-2966-6
- eISBN-13: 978-0-8261-2967-3
This comprehensive text addresses pertinent issues for clinical nurse specialists from clinical interventions to nursing care delivery and nursing leadership. This is a wonderful addition to the field of nursing.
Now in its second edition, this highly acclaimed text remains the only cohesive, comprehensive textbook and professional reference for CNS education and practice. Supported by theory, research, and current literature, the text focuses on CNS roles and scope of practice, expanding opportunities in primary and home care settings, and on outcomes of CNS practice across the care continuum. This second edition reflects two emerging trends affecting CNS practice: an increased focus on transitional care (continuity across the care setting continuum) and new Centers for Medicare Services reimbursement rules related to pressure ulcers, fall and infection prevention, and pain management. Additionally, the second edition places increased emphasis on CNS practice outcomes and newly emerging roles in chronic illness management in primary and home care settings.
Contributors to this edition represent the "Who's Who" of CNS Nursing. Outstanding features include text boxes throughout that highlight core competencies and practice outcomes identified in NACNS's Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education. Additional chapter features include discussion questions, analysis and synthesis exercises, and clinical application considerations. The text also contains four models of CNS specialty care, and 10 exemplars of CNS practice, all including outcomes.
New to the Second Edition:
- • Increased focus on transitional care, primary care, program evaluation, and opportunities for CNS within the ACO and Medicare
- • Emphasis on CNS role and practice outcomes pertaining to care of pressure ulcers, fall and infection prevention, and pain management
- • New chapter on Program Evaluation
- • New chapter on Affordable Care Organizations: New Horizons for CNS Practice
- • New chapter on economics of CNS practice
- • New chapter on CNS in primary care
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This comprehensive book addresses pertinent issues for clinical nurse specialists from clinical interventions to nursing care delivery and nursing leadership."
-- Kathleen Woodruff, RN, MS, CRNP (Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing) Doody's Review
The audience is broad, and includes students, faculty, and practicing CNSs from novice to expert. The book is intended as a comprehensive and cohesive textbook for students and faculty as well as a professional reference for practicing clinical nurse specialists. The editors and contributing authors are all considered experts in their areas of healthcare.