Textbook of Pediatric Care
- 2nd Ed.
- © American Academy of Pediatrics
- Thomas K. McInerny, MD, FAAP
- ISBN-10: 1-58110-966-0 / ISBN-13: 978-1-58110-966-5
- eISBN-10: 1-61002-047-2 / eISBN-13: 978-1-61002-047-3
The landmark guide to pediatric medicine - updated and streamlined for today's clinicians and students
Highlighting the numerous advances and development's across the full span of pediatrics, the new second edition of the American Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Care provides a complete update of this premier clinical reference including signs and symptoms, behavioral health, care of healthy and high-risk infants, adolescent health, critical situations, practice management, ethical and legal concerns, and much more.
Essential clinical guidance: step-by-step recommendations on what to do, when and how to do it, when to admit, and when to refer.
New in the second edition:
- • 75 new chapters (375 total chapters) for enhanced coverage of the full breadth of pediatric practice
- • More than 600 full-color photos and illustrations
- • New sections on health and care of special populations
- • Enhanced focus on patient and family-centered medical home along with an expanded and fully integrated coverage of mental health topics
Specialty Score: 2.87 Health Sciences - Pediatrics
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is an excellent resource for clinicians involved in the care of children. The organization enables easy access to subjects and the chapter supplements and resources are particularly helpful in providing information important for the care of these patients in a clinical setting."
-- Jennifer Parkerson, MD (Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody's Review - previous edition
The audience is physicians, nurse practitioners, and residents who care for children.