Quick Reference Guide to Pediatric Care
- © American Academy of Pediatrics
- Deepak M. Kamat MD, PhD, FAAP
- 1-58110-371-9 / 978-1-58110-371-7
- Pediatrics, Point of Care
The all-new AAP Quick Reference Guide to Pediatric Care delivers the practical, action-oriented clinical solutions you need "right now." It's the perfect resource to use during or between patient encounters.
Authoritative AAP content is presented in a concise outline format that makes it easy to zero in on what you're looking for.
Quickly look up key information and recommendations on:
- • Prevention
- • Screening
- • Signs and symptoms
- • Treatment
- • Emotional and behavioral problems
- • Specific clinical problems
- • Critical situations
Need-to-know information and advice on more than 230 topic areas - everything from abdominal pain and ADHD to herpes and HIV to umbilical anomalies and UTIs.
- • Efficiently evaluate signs and symptoms
- • Order the right screening/diagnostic tests
- • Implement approved therapeutic strategies
- • Prescribe safe and effective medications
- • Confidently respond to patient questions
- • Valuable "extras" help you find solutions even faster
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This book will certainly be useful as a quick reference for busy pediatricians and family practice physicians to guide initial management and plan therapy for their patients."
-- Rajasekharan Warrier, MD (Ochsner for Children) Doody's Review
The book is targeted at busy pediatricians who need a quick guide and reference. It may be helpful to them in guiding initial workup and therapy and helping create a differential diagnosis list.