USMLE Step 3 Triage
USMLE Step 3 Triage emphasizes high yield exposure to relevant facts, clinical tools, and authoritative guidelines that will be tested on the USMLE Step 3 exam. With its concise emphasis on the most tested subjects and no-nonsense approach to disease, this book is the only review you'll need.
USMLE Step 3 Triage reviews all the relevant knowledge needed to not just pass Step 3, but to excel at it. Written by a physician who has made a study of optimal preparation strategies for Step 3, the book reviews medicine in a concise, easily assimilated manner without skimming the important details of each heading. Each subject heading is specifically taken from the USMLE's own "problem/disease" list to avoid needless studying of unemphasized subjects and to focus on those relevant areas that will get the most exposure on the test. On subjects such as diabetes, hypertension, statistics, and others that are heavily tested, extra emphasis is placed to allow the reader an in-depth and focused review of what is really important. Clinical tools and relevant facts are highlighted in each heading to ensure that clinical "pearls" are not missed. In applicable areas, authoritative guidelines are summarized and specifically stated so that the field's recommendations are easily known. For anyone preparing to take the USMLE Step 3, studying for a similar exam, reviewing for boards, or for simple re-exposure to general medicine, this is the book that will put you over the top!
- • Prioritized, relevant review of knowledge for the USMLE Step 3
- • Follows the published USMLE "problem/disease" list of topics, so pertinent subject matter is assured
- • Contains relevant and current practice guidelines from authoritative medical organizations
- • Integrated USMLE type practice questions throughout the text for honing test- taking skills
- • Addresses strategies for attacking the "Computer Case Simulations" section of Step 3
- • A bank of free USMLE-type questions, answers, and explanations is available on: www.oup.com/us/step3
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This will be a good book for those seeking a rapid review of material they are already familiar with in preparation for boards."
-- John Edwards, Bachelor's (University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine) Doody's Review
"This book rocks! I'm amazed there isn't anything else on the market like it... Get this one if you want to nail Step 3!"
-- J. Yunini on Amazon
Intended primarily for residents with considerable background knowledge. The author is a staff physician in family medicine, making him a good source of information for the broad range of topics.