Textbook of Gastroenterology, Yamada's
- 6th Ed.
- © John Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Anthony N. Kalloo, MD; Daniel K. Podolsky, MD; Fergus Shanahan, MD; J. Gregory Fitz, MD; Michael Camilleri, MD; Timothy C. Wang, MD
- ISBN-10: 1-118-51206-5 / ISBN-13: 978-1-118-51206-7
- eISBN-13: 978-1-118-51211-1
Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology has for 20 years been the most comprehensive gastroenterology reference book, combining an encyclopedic basic science approach to GI and liver disease with the latest clinical thinking, especially in diagnostic and therapeutic developments. It is universally respected across the globe.
It has always had an outstanding editor team led by Tachi Yamada, one of the world’s leading figures in GI research, and in addition, a hugely impressive team of contributors, each experts in their specific area.
Now with a new Editor-in-Chief, Dan Podolsky, Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, the 6th edition of this iconic textbook is modernizing and improving in a number of ways:
- • A templated chapter approach, including separate chapter templates for a) basic science chapters; b) disease chapters and c) symptom chapters, resulting in more consistency in both structure, content and length of chapters.
- • Far more clinically focused than before by virtue of a brand new section "Principles of Clinical Gastroenterology". Containing 14 symptom-focused chapters, it will enable doctors to assess their patients in the clinic more effectively than ever.
- • Increased coverage of key topics like autoimmune pancreatitis, fecal biomarkers, genetics, IBD, IgG4 systemic disease’, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and eosinophilic esophagitis.
- • Downloadable “hot topic” podcasts from the world’s key GI experts.
- • Greater emphasis on clinical studies/trials, evidence-based practice, society guidelines, and governmental agencies than before.
- • Every reference online, with hyperlinks to Pubmed/CrossRef, rather than 'static' print references. Key references will be retained in print.
- • For more international and global authorship - along with the leading North American figures, the top European and Asian GI experts provide their expertise and insights throughout.
Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 6E is the complete gastroenterology reference book. With a greater than ever clinical focus, not only does it retain its position as the market leader in terms of basic science coverage, but it also cements itself as an outstanding resource to consult in terms of the clinical management of GI disorders.
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.73 Health Sciences - Gastroenterology
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Outstanding as an inclusive gastroenterology textbook. ... I have no trouble in strongly recommending this text for every medical library and for every gastroenterology training program."
-- Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology - previous edition