Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care
- 5th Ed.
- © American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- April D. Armstrong BSc(PT), MSc, MD, FRCSC; Mark C. Hubbard MPT
- ISBN-10: 1-62552-415-3 / ISBN-13: 978-1-62552-415-7
- eISBN-13: 978-1-62552-416-4
- Orthopedics/Orthopaedics, Point of Care
The newly revised 5th edition of Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care is the practical, go-to guide to confidently evaluate and treat more than 300 complaints and conditions. Combining stepwise instruction, comprehensive coverage, and an unparalleled collection of videos and exercises this new edition offers the information needed to make confident point-of-care decisions. The 5th edition offers a companion website with more than 200 video demonstrations to show you what you need to know, and patient exercise programs to enlist your patients in their own recovery and return to activity.
The 5th edition features:
• Completely revised and updated text with step-by-step instruction and helpful illustrations to offer visual confirmation.
• Consistent information throughout each section includes definitions, symptoms, tests, differential diagnosis, treatments, adverse outcomes, referral decisions, and red flags.
• Problem/solution format and concise presentation of content delivers the necessary information to quickly and logically inform your protocol.
• Companion website with more than 200 video demonstrations of physical examination techniques and special tests plus procedures for aspirations and injections with vivid anatomical overlays.
• Downloadable and customizable PDF patient exercise programs for your patients able to be printed or emailed.
The go-to guide for anyone diagnosing and managing common aches, pains, and complaints
Intuitively organized by anatomical area and presented in a user-friendly progression from evaluation to management, Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care is trusted and sought after by physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, physiatrists, internists, osteopathic physicians, rheumatologists, pediatricians, sports medicine specialists, athletic trainers, kinesiologists, primary care physicians, medical students, and residents.
Know how to handle it and when to refer
Organized to help navigate the patient encounter from first visit through treatment so you can understand your patient s concern, evaluate it expertly, diagnose it accurately, and manage it successfully. Critical advice for when to refer to a specialist for surgical management is also included.
Strengthens your curricula and your student’s patient care
Educators and students agree that Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care is the preeminent primary care resource, offering one of the few tools that go from the classroom to the clinic.
Authoritative, multi-disciplinary guidance you can trust
Written and edited by a multi-specialty team, including orthopaedists, physical therapists, and pediatricians including contributors from the American Academy of Pediatrics. Our collaborative approach provides well-rounded advice and direction.
Specialty Score: 2.8 Health Sciences - Orthopedics
2.13 Health Sciences - Sports Medicine
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This well-organized, point-of-care resource is a welcome addition to the current collection of books on musculoskeletal medicine."
-- Charles Webb, DO (Oregon Health & Science University)
Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care is used by physicians in family practice, internists, specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pediatricians, physicians in the armed forces, physicians in occupational medicine, physicians in sports medicine, athletic trainers, physical therapists, emergency medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents in family practice and orthopaedic surgery, orthopaedic surgeons, osteopathic physicians, and many others. In addition, although not designed as a textbook, Essentials has been adopted as a required or recommended text by numerous teaching programs, both for clinical rotations and for courses such as Concepts in Primary Care, Orthopaedic Injuries, Primary Care of Adults, and Musculoskeletal Clinical Medicine.