Essential Guide for Patient Safety Officers, The
- 2nd Ed.
- © Joint Commission Resources
- Allan Frankel M.D.; Carol Haraden Ph.D.; Frank Federico RPh; Karen Frush BSN, MD; Michael Leonard M.D.
- ISBN-10: 1-59940-703-5 / ISBN-13: 978-1-59940-703-6
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
The Essential Guide for Patient Safety Officers, Second Edition, copublished with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), is a comprehensive and authoritative repository of essential knowledge on operationalizing patient safety. Patient safety officers must make sure their organizations create a safety culture, implement new safety practices, and improve safety-related management and operations. This updated edition of a JCR best seller, with many new chapters, will help them do that. Edited by Allan Frankel, MD; Michael Leonard, MD; Frank Federico, RPh; Karen Frush, MD; and Carol Haraden, PhD, this book provides:
- • Core knowledge and insights for patient safety leaders, clinicians, change agents and other staff
- • Strategies and best practices for day-to-day operational issues
- • Ways to integrate quality and safety functions
- • Strategies for patient safety strategies and initiatives
- • Tools, checklists, and guidelines to assess, improve, and monitor patient safety functions
- • Expert guidance on leadership’s role, assessing and improving safety culture, designing for reliability and resilience, ensuring patient involvement, using technology to enhance safety, and building and sustaining a learning system—and other essential topics
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The work described in the book reveals growing insight into the complex task of taking care of patients safely as an intrinsic, inseparable part of quality care. To do this we need to create a systematic, integrated approach, and this book shows us how to do it."
-- Gary S. Kaplan, MD, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle