Diseases, Complications, and Drug Therapy in Obstetrics: A Guide for Clinicians
- © American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- ; American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Gerald G. Briggs BPharm, FCCP; Michael P. Nageotte MD
- ISBN-10: 1-58528-202-2 / ISBN-13: 978-1-58528-202-9
- Obstetrics/Gynecology, Nursing
Planning the best pharmacotherapeutic plan for obstetric patients can be a challenge.
- • Which drugs can be used safely?
- • How do you treat complications unique to pregnancy?
- • How do you manage patients with chronic conditions?
Created by a multi-disciplinary team of pharmacists and physicians specializing in maternal-fetal medicine, Diseases, Complications, and Drug Therapy in Obstetrics: A Guide for Clinicians is a new resource that provides answers to your most challenging questions. You'll get needed information on planning the best course of treatment for your pregnant and breastfeeding patients. Separated into three key sections, the book guides clinicians through the effective and safe treatment of expecting mothers.
- • Section I: Understand the fundamental changes pregnancy causes
- • Section II: Prepare for problems that can occur
- • Section III: Respond to your patient's everyday needs throughout her pregnancy
Helpful features include case discussions, review questions, and extensive tables and figures to help quickly summarize information. If you work with pregnant or breastfeeding women, this book will guide you through the risks and rewards of drug therapy. Your well-informed choices can save lives.