Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials, The: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing
- 3rd Ed.
- © Jones and Bartlett Publishers
- Kathryn Waud White DNP, RN, CRNA; Mary E. Zaccagnini DNP, RN, ACNS-BC
- ISBN-10: 1-284-07970-8 / ISBN-13: 978-1-284-07970-8
- eISBN-13: 978-1-284-07971-5
The newly revised Third Edition of The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing is the first text of its kind and is modeled after the eight DNP Essentials as outlined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Each section discusses the materials relevant to an element of the Essentials document and advises on the steps necessary to fulfill the requirements of the degree. The text is written for current DNP students as well as those considering the degree program. It also serves as a fantastic reference for professionals and those who have already completed a DNP program.
Key revisions for the new third edition will include:
- • Updated Chapters
- • Expansion and emphasis on quality analysis and models, including statistical analysis methods and models
- • Incorporation of adult learning theory
- • Additional emphasis on the role of the nursing professional
- • The addition of information literacy in the chapter on the DNP project needs assessment section
- • Addition of the Squire Guidelines as they apply to dissemination, and the expansion of the section on dissemination
- • Addition of information literacy as it relates to the DNP scholarly project
- • Expansion of inter and intra professional collaboration as it relates to the project
- • Information on the scholarly project committee
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.67 Nursing - Education
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
" This book serves a roadmap for students in a DNP program or considering the degree, for recent graduates with the degree, and for faculty who are crafting the programs for this advanced practice role."
-- Kathleen Woodruff, RN, MS, CRNP (Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing) Doody's Review - previous edition
"This is an excellent resource for students working toward a clinical doctorate. The information is accurate and valuable to students, faculty, and practicing DNPs. The book provides the foundation necessary for achieving the highest level of advanced practice nursing. "
-- Kathleen Woodruff, RN, MS, CRNP (Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing) Doody's Review - Previous edition
DNP students, graduates, and faculty will find this a worthwhile addition to their library. It will be a consistently used reference. Both authors are experts in the field of advanced practice nursing and doctor of nursing practice education.