Maternal Newborn Nursing Care Plans
- 3rd Ed.
- © Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Carol J. Green PhD, MN, RN, CNE
- ISBN-10: 1-284-03853-X / ISBN-13: 978-1-284-03853-8
- eISBN-13: 978-1-284-03854-5
- Nursing, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics
Maternal Newborn Nursing Care Plans, Third Edition teaches students and practicing nurses how to assess, plan, provide, and evaluate care for pregnancy, delivery, recovery, abnormal conditions, and newborn care. Featuring more than 65 of the most common and high-risk care plans for nursing care using the nursing process approach, it includes NIC interventions, discussions on collaborative problems, key nursing activities, signs and symptoms, and diagnostic studies. Using a progressive approach, the text begins with generic care plans that address all patient situations regardless of the patient diagnosis or condition before moving on to more complicated and specific care plans.
The Third Edition offers new rationales for nursing actions based on scientific principles, a new breastfeeding care plan added to the normal newborn care chapter, new information on obesity in pregnancy, evidence-based practice boxes throughout to highlight current research, and updated references and research. Also included are new guidelines, practice changes, new standards, and evidence changes.
- • Consistent organization based on commonly encountered nursing diagnoses
- • Comprehensive coverage of normal pregnancy and common complications of pregnancy
- • Individualized and collaborative care plans cover both actual and potential problems and conditions
- • Content in concert with the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) mandate to improve the quality and safety of patient outcomes