Tarascon Pediatric Emergency Pocketbook
- 6th Ed.
- © Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Steven G. Rothrock MD, FAAP, FACEP
- ISBN-10: 0-7637-8053-7 / ISBN-13: 978-0-7637-8053-1
- Emergency/Critical Care, Pediatrics
The Tarascon Pediatric Emergency Pocketbook, Sixth Edition is a meticulously referenced pocket guide to managing ill or injured children. This updated edition features many new or upgraded guidelines that cover anaphylaxis, hereditary angioedema, head trauma, diabetic ketoacidosis, colic, endocarditis prophylaxis, jaundice, bleeding disorders, oncologic emergencies, hypertension, HIV exposure, and febrile and non-febrile seizures.
Newly Added/ Expanded Sections Include:
- • Resuscitation equipment and medication chart (look up by age, length or weight)
- • 20 Pages of empiric antibiotic recommendations
- • Critically ill neonates
- • Asthma and bronchiolitis (with new clinical scoring)
- • Non-invasive ventilation
- • Subcutaneous fluid administration
- • Topical anesthesia
- • ECG features of serious disease
- • Pediatric meningitis score
- • Viral diseases & testing and much more
Used at bedside, the Sixth Edition, continues to outline the diagnosis and management for almost all emergencies occurring in infants and children with expanded commentary regarding current controversies in this field.
This information packed title is a value-added resource bundled with APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource
The Tarascon Pediatric Emergency Pocketbook, Sixth Edition is an ideal companion for practitioners in the emergency room or in a family practice setting.