Introduction to Human Disease, An: Pathology and Pathophysiology Correlations
- 9th Ed.
- © Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Leonard V. Crowley MD
- ISBN-10: 1-4496-6559-4 / ISBN-13: 978-1-4496-3240-3
- Pathology, Nursing
An Introduction to Human Disease: Pathology and Pathophysiology Correlations, Ninth Edition provides students with a clear and well-illustrated explanation of the structural and functional changes associated with disease, the clinical manifestations of disease, and how to determine treatment. Ideal for Pathology, Pathophysiology, or Human Disease courses, the first part of the text deals with general concepts and with diseases affecting the body as a whole. The second part considers the various organ systems and their diseases.
Features:• Many of the full-color photographs are originals taken by the author.
• Includes a comprehensive section on cardiovascular disease with material on isolated systolic hypertension, systolic and diastolic heart failure, and coronary heart disease.
• Coverage of the nervous systems including the effects of West Nile Virus and Huntington’s Disease.
• Numerous new case studies help students relate disease manifestations and treatment with a specific patient.
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Medicine is always advancing and new editions of medical books are necessary. Dr. Crowley accomplished this well with this update."
-- Deborah Luttermoser, AAS, RRT, RCP (William Beaumont Hospitals) - Doody's Review
Ideal for Pathology, Pathophysiology, or Human Disease courses and specifically designed for students in the allied health and nursing fields.