APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource
- 5th Ed.
- © Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Loren Yamamoto MD, MPH, MBA, FAAP, FACEP; Susan Fuchs MD, FAAP, FACEP
- ISBN-10: 1-4496-2445-6 / ISBN-13: 978-1-4496-2445-3
- Pediatrics, Emergency/Critical Care, Nursing
Twenty years ago, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) joined forces to develop the highly regarded Advanced Pediatric Life Support program, or APLS. The Fifth Edition of APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource represents a comprehensive body of knowledge in pediatric emergency medicine.
Developed by expert authors, editors, and faculty from both the AAP and ACEP, APLS is an inclusive teaching and learning system for healthcare providers. Each chapter is case based and covers the key elements of assessment, diagnosis, testing, treatment, and disposition.
New Features of the APLS, Fifth Edition:
- • Meets 2010 CPR and ECC Guidelines
- • Enhanced case scenarios
- • Improved full-color photographs and illustrations
- • Focused office-based setting emergencies
- • Educational modules found at www.APLSonline.com
Includes: Instructor's ToolKit to accompany APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine ResourceContent's in the instructor's Toolkit - PDFs for:
- • Administration
- • Forms
- • Knowledge Evaluation
- • Skill Stations
- • Small Group Discussions
PowerPoint Presentations for:
Combine APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource with the Tarascon Pediatric Emergency Pocketbook companion title for an indispensable ready reference duo at point of care.
APLS offers emergency physicians, pediatricians, nurses, paramedics, and other allied health professionals the advanced knowledge and skills necessary to assess and manage critically ill or injured children during the first hours in the emergency department or office-based setting.