Integrated Case Management Manual, The
Assisting Complex Patients Regain Physical and Mental Health
- 1st Ed.
- © Springer Publishing Company, LLC
- ISBN-10: 0-8261-0633-1 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8261-0633-9
- Case Management, Nursing
An ideal reference guide for case managers who work with complex, multimorbid patients, The Integrated Case Management Manual helps readers enhance their ability to work with these patients, learn how to apply new evidence-based assessments, and advocate for improved quality and safe care for all patients. This text encourages case managers to assess patients with both medical and mental health barriers to improvement in order to coordinate appropriate integrated health interventions and treatment planning.
Built upon the goals and values of the Case Management Society of America (CMSA), this manual guides case managers through the process of developing new and important cross-disciplinary skills. These skills will allow them to alter the health trajectory of some of the neediest patients in the health care system.
- • Tools and resources for deploying an Integrated Health Model (physical and mental health treatment) to the medically complex patient
- • Complexity assessment grids: a color-coded tool for tracking patient progress and outcomes throughout the trajectory of the illness
- • Methods for building collaborative partnerships in emerging models of care delivery within multidisciplinary health care teams
- • Strategies for using an integrated case management approach to improve efficiency, effectiveness, accountability, and positive outcomes in clinical settings
- • Guidance on connecting multi-disciplinary teams to assist with health issues in the biological, psychological, and social domains to overcome treatment resistance, reduce complications, and reduce cost of care