Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding: A Worktext
- 3rd Ed.
- © Delmar
- Mary Jo Bowie, MS, BS, AAS, RHIA, RHIT
- ISBN-10: 1-305-26525-4 / ISBN-10: 1-305-26526-2 / ISBN-13: 978-1-305-26525-7 / ISBN-13: 978-1-305-26526-4
- Coding & Classification
Completely updated to the 2016 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines and packed with practical applications, Bowie’s UNDERSTANDING ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS: A WORKTEXT, 3rd Ed. delivers a comprehensive presentation of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagnostic and procedural coding system. Extremely hands-on, this unique worktext offers detailed coverage that engages your students, while numerous learning tools offer thorough review and reinforce understanding in each chapter. Students can immediately begin applying what they learn as numerous exercises, coding assignments, and case studies offer real-world practice. Vivid color illustrations emphasize how thorough knowledge of anatomy and disease processes impacts coding accuracy. This edition also provides the ideal, trusted resource to help practicing professionals and healthcare organizations smoothly transition from using ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
Features and Benefits:
- • COMPLETELY UPDATED, COMPREHENSIVE CONTENT COVERS ALL ASPECTS OF 2016 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS CODING GUIDELINES. You and your students can trust this thorough resource to cover all aspects of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding by body systems.
- • A THOROUGH REVIEW OF ANATOMY AND DISEASE PROCESSES REINFORCES KNOWLEDGE CRITICAL FOR CODING. This book’s dynamic and thorough review with supporting, vivid full-color illustrations reinforces knowledge students need for successful coding.
- • PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES AND HELPFUL ONLINE LINKS HELP STUDENTS MASTER KEY CONCEPTS. Each chapter provides a chapter outline, chapter objectives, key terms, learning exercises, chapter reviews, and Internet links to help students become proficient in key coding concepts. In addition, coding assignments and case studies offer practical, hands-on experience in putting knowledge into practice.
- • ICD-10 OFFICIAL CODING GUIDELINES ARE HIGHLIGHTED THROUGHOUT EACH CHAPTER. This edition covers the ICD-10 official coding guidelines with the level of precision and detail students need to ensure comprehension of important concepts.
- • ROBUST INSTRUCTOR’S MANUAL AND RESOURCES PROVIDE TIME-SAVING TRUSTED TOOLS. This edition’s Instructor’s Manual and Resource Kit includes answers to learning exercises, chapter reviews, case studies, and PowerPoint® presentations for each chapter. A separate Instructor’s Test Bank provides a wealth of true/false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and short-answer questions as well as coding exercises for each chapter.
- • THOROUGH UPDATES REFLECT THE VERY LATEST CODES. The new edition of this successful worktext prepares students to work with the latest ICD 10 2016 codes.
- • MORE CODING CASES PROVIDE PERTINENT AND VALUABLE HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Additional cases appear in every chapter to give students additional practice and hands-on experience using the concepts presented.
- • EXPANDED COVERAGE OF PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES PREPARES STUDENTS FOR ON-THE-JOB SUCCESS. This edition’s more extensive coverage of procedural guidelines now features more full-color illustrations visually appeal to readers and keep their attention.
- • NEW CODING ASSIGNMENTS EXPAND STUDENTS’ ABILITIES TO APPLY CONCEPTS. This edition’s new Coding Assignments provide students with another effective tool to practice and perfect their skills.
- • NEW PROCEDURAL CHAPTER (CH. 38) DETAILS THE SECTION X NEW TECHNOLOGY RECENTLY ADDED TO ICD-10-PCS. The author has added a full chapter to effectively explain the New Technology Section of ICD-10-PCS.
- • FULL-SIZED A&P CHARTS FEATURE HELPFUL DETAILS. Students can easily find and reference these handy new, full-size charts now provided in this edition’s appendix.
- • NEW SPANISH GLOSSARY CLARIFIES TERMINOLOGY FOR BILINGUAL STUDENTS. This useful glossary provides an important tool to assist you in clarifying concepts for your bilingual students.