Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice
- 5th Ed.
- © Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Diane M. Simeone, MD; Gerard M. Doherty, MD; Gilbert R. Upchurch Jr., MD; Keith D. Lillemoe, MD; Michael W. Mulholland, MD, PhD; Ronald V. Maier, MD
- ISBN-10: 1-60547-355-3 / ISBN-13: 978-1-60547-355-0
The Fifth Edition of Greenfield's Surgery has been thoroughly revised, updated, and refocused to conform to changes in surgical education and practice. Reflecting the increasingly clinical emphasis of residency programs, this edition features expanded coverage of clinical material and increased use of clinical algorithms. Key Points open each chapter, and icons in the text indicate where Key Points are fully discussed. Many of the black-and-white images from the previous edition have been replaced by full-color images.
This edition has new chapters on quality assessment, surgical education, and surgical processes in the hospital. Coverage of surgical subspecialty areas is more sharply focused on topics that are encountered by general surgeons and included in the current general surgery curriculum and ABSITE exam. The vascular section has been further consolidated. A new editor, Diane M. Simeone, MD, PhD, has joined the editorial team.
The companion website presents the fully searchable text, an instant-feedback test bank featuring over 800 questions and answers, and a comprehensive image bank. Unique to this new edition's website are 100 "Morbidity and Mortality" case discussions. Each case reviews a specific surgical complication, how the complication was addressed, and reviews the literature on approaches and outcomes.
- • NEW! Key Points open each chapter
- • NEW! Icons indicate in text where Key Points are discussed
- • NEW! Increased coverage of clinical content, new surgical recommendations, and less emphasis on integrating basic science
- • NEW! Increased use of clinical algorithms—500 algorithms and reference tables
- • NEW! New chapter on measuring the quality of surgical care
- • NEW! New chapter on surgical education
- • NEW! New chapter on surgical processes in the hospital
- • NEW! New editor, Diane Simeone, MD, PhD
- • NEW! Companion website includes fully searchable text, comprehensive image bank, and instant-feedback test bank with over 1,000 questions and answers. Unique to this new edition's website are 100 "Morbidity and Mortality" case discussions. Each case reviews a specific surgical complication, how the complication was addressed, and reviews the literature on approaches and outcomes.
- • Authoritative: edited and authored by acknowledged leaders
- • 1,700 color illustrations
- • Comprehensive
Essential Purchase Title (EPT)
Specialty Score: 2.93 Health Sciences - General Surgery
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This update of Greenfield's Surgery maintains the excellent production standards of previous editions..."
"...as a teaching aid, Greenfield's Surgery, which features an online image bank and search engine, remains the leader in its class."
-- David Dries, MD (University of Minnesota Medical School) Doody's Review
Practitioners of all degrees of sophistication will benefit from this work originating from the leadership in academic surgical programs in the United States. Many of the authors and editors are from the University of Michigan.