Glenn's Urologic Surgery
- 8th Ed.
- © Wolters Kluwer
- Sam D. Graham Jr., MD; Thomas E. Keane, MD
- ISBN-10: 1-4511-9146-4 / ISBN-13: 978-1-4511-9146-2
- Urology, Surgery
A comprehensive but concise textbook focused on surgical procedures, established for over 30 years as a must-have surgical reference for resident and practicing urologists. Chapters are heavily illustrated and progress from Diagnosis to Indications for Surgery, to brief sections on Alternative Therapies, and then to detailed sections on surgical technique before closing with a discussion of outcomes as found in the literature. Each section will open with a thoroughly illustrated description of relevant anatomy.
- • Each chapter takes you logically from diagnosis, indications for surgery, and alternative therapies, through detailed descriptions of surgical technique, and finally outcomes as described in the literature
- • Comprehensive, authoritative coverage includes all current operative procedures for each region of the genitourinary tract, including laparoscopic procedures, robotic surgery, nanotechnology, procedures to cure or alleviate incontinence, and much more.
- • More than 1,300 high-quality illustrations help you visualize every important aspect of surgery, including more intraoperative photos and thoroughly illustrated descriptions of relevant anatomy that open every chapter.
- • Concise, tightly formatted chapters ensure that you can find the information you need quickly.
Specialty Score: 2.47 Health Sciences - Urology
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This is an excellent compilation of surgical techniques that will be a great help for students to practitioners. It updates the new minimally invasive surgical techniques that have been developed since the previous edition."
-- Mark Mann, M.D. (Thomas Jefferson University) Doody's Review
"This well-written book is an excellent resource for both practicing urologists and urologists in training..."
"...The expansion of laparoscopic and robotic surgery in recent years and the expansion of the types of procedures performed make this update particularly useful."
-- Mohamed Ismail, MD (VA Medical Center Wilmington) Doody's Review - prior edition
This is appropriate for urology practitioners at all levels interested in either performing these procedures or simply getting a better understanding of the process that urology patients will be going through. As such, it is presented on a level that is easy to understand by surgeons as well as health sciences students.