Bennett & Brachman's Hospital Infections
- 6th Ed.
- © Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- William R. Jarvis MD
- ISBN-10: 1-4511-7592-2 / ISBN-13: 978-1-4511-7592-9
- E-Book ISBN-13: 978-1-4698-3048-3
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement , Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Nursing
The field of healthcare epidemiology and infection control has seen tremendous advances in the last decade. Bennett & Brachman's Hospital Infections, 6th Edition, now in vibrant full color, provides the most up-to-date information on all aspects of this vital topic. Written by the world’s foremost leaders in the field of nosocomial infections, this is your go-to text for preventing Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) in all inpatient and outpatient healthcare settings.
- • Master the latest evidence-based strategies for the prevention of the big four HAIs—CLABSIs, CAUTIs, SSIs, and VAE.
- • Expand your knowledge of the latest prevention strategies through NEW coverage of automated room terminal disinfection (ultraviolet germicidal irradiation or hydrogen peroxide gas or vapor).
- • NEW chapters on surgical site infection, dialysis, prevention of HAIs in intensive care units, mechanisms of resistance, the role of the environment in pathogen transmission, the role of the laboratory in infection prevention, prevalence vs. incidence HAI surveillance, infection prevention and control in countries with limited resources, the latest isolation procedures, and sterilization and disinfection.
- • Access the latest evidence-based data on the control of antimicrobial-resistant pathogens, such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant Enterococci, carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae, and pandemic influenza viruses.
Specialty Score: 2.73 Health Sciences - Infectious Disease
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"The mountain of knowledge in the field of healthcare epidemiology and infection control continues to undergo rapid change and expansion. This book is therefore a necessary update after seven years. Although the depth of coverage of specific HAI topics may vary, this remains a useful book, replete with both fundamental and practical aspects of HAI prevention. It nicely complements other available works on HAI prevention."
-- Farrin Manian, MD, MPH (St. John's Mercy Medical Center) Doody's Review
"In many respects, the field of healthcare epidemiology and infection control has changed dramatically during the past decade; this title is, therefore, a necessary revision of the 1998 edition."
"Readers who want a text that covers some of the recent developments in the field of HAIs will not be disappointed by this one."
-- Farrin Manian, MD, MPH (St. John's Mercy Medical Center) Doody's Review - previous edition
The target audience appears to be infection control professionals, hospital epidemiologists, and any healthcare workers whose responsibilities include prevention of HAIs. The editor is an internationally recognized expert in the field.