- 6th Ed.
- © Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Elizabeth J. Bridges PhD, RN, CCNS, FCCM, FAAN; Erika S. Sivarajan Froelicher MA, MPH, PhD, RN, FAAN; Sandra Adams (Underhill) Motzer PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN; Susan L. Woods PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
- ISBN-10: 0-7817-9280-0 / ISBN-13: 978-0-7817-9280-6
- Nursing, Cardiology, Emergency/Critical Care, Evidence Based Medicine
Cardiac Nursing is recognized as "The Red Reference Book" for nurses caring for patients who have, or are at risk for developing, cardiac diseases. This title provides both basic and advanced content in evidence-based care and emphasizes health promotion, health maintenance, and disease management.
The five-part organization consists of:
- • Anatomy and Physiology
- • Physiologic and Pathophysiologic Responses
- • Assessment of heart disease
- • Pathophysiology of heart disease
- • Health promotion and disease prevention
This edition has a new Global Perspective feature in most chapters, which reflects the rich cultural mix of patient populations and helps to determine appropriate care. A new chapter on Global Health reflects WHO commitments to reducing heart disease worldwide.
- • NEW! Global Perspective Feature in most chapters, reflects the rich cultural mix of client population in the USA and helps to determine appropriate care
- • NEW! New 2-color design
- • NEW! New chapter on Global Health, reflects WHO commitments to reducing heart disease throughout the world community
- • Evidence-based content
- • Contains both medical management and nursing management of major disorders and syndromes
- • Nursing Care Plans for major disorders
- • Nursing Management sections in appropriate chapters
- • Plentiful figures, rhythm strips, and scans support text
Specialty Score: 2.67 Nursing - Coronary Care
Go to Doody's Review page