Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Dental Drug Reference with Clinical Implications
- 2nd Ed.
- © Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Frieda Atherton Pickett, RDH, MS; Géza T. Terézhalmy, DDS, MA
- ISBN-10: 0-7817-9827-2 / ISBN-13: 978-0-7817-9827-3
- Dentistry, Pharmacy/Pharmacology
Written for dental professionals, the Second Edition of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Dental Drug Reference with Clinical Implicationsquickly resolves questions and concerns that arise during patient consults, helping you design appropriate and safe oral health care treatment plans. It focuses on drugs that you’re likely to encounter reviewing a patient’s medical history as well as drugs that are prescribed for the management of orodental pain, oral infections, and common mucocutaneous conditions. You’ll also find an image bank with full-color photographs to help you identify adverse drug effects and oral conditions.
New to this edition:
- • Alphabetical index for trade and generic drug names and synonyms
- • Fully updated drug information, with monographs for more than 600 generic drugs
- • Section One - Clinical Medicine and Therapeutics covers the principles of pharmacology and adverse drug events alongside important information on the pharmacological and clinical management of oral disease. You'll also find examples of prescription writing to help practitioners write prescriptions accurately and efficiently.
- • Section Two - A to Z Listing of Drugs offers concise therapeutic monographs for drugs likely to be reported on a medical history, emphasizing clinical information that dental professionals need to consider. More than 600 drugs are covered, with expanded information within monographs for drugs prescribed by the dentist. In addition to U.S. brand names, Canadian and Mexican trade names are included within each drug monograph and easily identified with an icon.
- • Section Three - Appendices includes drugs listed by therapeutic category or condition, definitions of common abbreviations, information relevant to dentistry for herbal and nutritional supplements, a Spanish/English dental communications guide, information on preventive products, and more!
Three beneficial sections: