ICD-10-CM: Clinical Modification (2017)
- © The National Center for Health Statistics and The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Coding & Classification, Public Health
CD-10-CM is the new diagnosis coding system that is being developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1 & 2.
Characteristics of ICD-10-CM
ICD-10-CM far exceeds its predecessors in the number of concepts and codes provided. The disease classification has been expanded to include health-related conditions and to provide greater specificity at the sixth and seventh character level. The sixth and seventh characters are not optional and are intended for use in recording the information documented in the clinical record.
The 2013 ICD-10-CM files indicated below contain information on the new diagnosis coding system, ICD-10-CM, that is being developed as a replacement for ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1 and 2.
- • 2013 ICD-10-CM Guidelines
- • ICD-10 General Equivalence Mappings 2013 Version Update
- • Diagnosis Code Set General Equivalence Mappings
- • 2013 Reimbursement Mappings - Guide and Diagnoses
- • 2013 Addenda
- • ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project
ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project: This section provides information on the project for using the General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs) to convert the MS-DRGs v26.0 to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Information is also provided on undertaking a similar conversion project.
The Final ICD-10 MS-DRG logic will be subject to rulemaking.
- • Converting MS-DRGs to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- • Partial Freeze of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Codes
- • ICD-10 MS-DRG Conversion Project Slides
- • ICD-10 Medicare Code Editor v27 (MCE v27) User's Manual
- • ICD-10 MS-DRG v28 R1 Definitions manual (updated October 4, 2011) - Text Version
- • ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRGv28 Definitions Manual Table of Contents - Full Titles - Text Version
Download the ICD 10 Conversion Tools PDF