High-Risk & Critical Care Obstetrics
- 3rd Ed.
- © Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Bonnie Flood Chez RNC, MSN; Carol J. Harvey RNC, C-EFM, MS; Nan H. Troiano RN, MSN
- ISBN-10: 0-7817-8334-8 / ISBN-13: 978-0-7817-8334-7
- Nursing, Obstetrics/Gynecology
Co-published with the Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), this comprehensive book on advanced obstetrics practice focuses on the care of childbearing women with complications during pregnancy and the related professional concerns of perinatal professionals caring for them. This substantially revised edition reflects the significant change in this specialty area and the need to collaborate in practice to maximize patient outcomes. All chapters have been revised by RN-MD author teams.
This edition includes the AWHONN Perinatal Morbidity Advisory Panel Top 5 Issues: obesity, thromboembolic disease, diabetes, perinatal infections, and cardiac disease. The entire first section presents the realities of today's practice including ethics, collaboration, and patient safety. Nineteen chapters detail the primary complications of pregnancy.
Features:• NEW! 19 chapters present complications
• NEW! All chapters written by MD and RN teams
• NEW! Broader market appeal
• NEW! Case studies in clinical chapters
• NEW! Eleven new chapters
• NEW! Entire new first section reflects new practice parameters
• NEW! Expanded art program
• NEW! Includes top 5 issues in perinatal morbidity
• Chapter summaries
• Clinical application section includes 16 chapters
• Displays highlight salient content
Specialty Score: 2.47 Nursing - Perinatal
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This book is an excellent manual for practitioners who provide care to high-risk and critically ill obstetrical women in labor and delivery. Written in a clear, user-friendly manner, this second edition provides current interventions and management including a resource section with examples of protocols, procedures, and clinical documentation tools. There is a review of the foundations for practice and a section on critical care adjuncts. This is a needed clinical resource."
-- Nancy Moss, PhD, RN, MSN (University of Cincinnati School of Nursing) Doody's Review - previous edition
This text is written for the practicing labor and delivery nurse of the high-risk and critically ill intrapartum patient. It would additionally be valuable to students in obstetrical rotations, and an appropriate resource for any care provider of high-risk obstetrics. The editors and contributors are well credentialed and credible authorities in their individual areas of expertise and contribution to this text.