Adult EEG: An Interactive Reading Session
- © Demos Medical Publishing, LLC
- Mark L. Scheuer, MD; Richard P. Brenner, MD
- ISBN-10: 1-61705-226-4 / ISBN-13: 978-1-61705-226-2
- Neurology, Exam Preparation
Designed to simulate an actual EEG lab reading session, Adult EEG teaches EEG interpretation to neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology fellows, neurologists, and neurodiagnostic technologists using more than 200 cases containing over 600 EEGs, and a self-testing section to reinforce learning.
A wide variety of EEGs are presented illustrating the spectrum of neurologic pathologies in adults, including epilepsy, encephalopathies, stroke, degenerative disorders, comatose states, and more. Teaching points are highlighted in each case, making this the ideal vehicle for clinical self-assessment and board preparation. The second edition of this unique digital program features many new cases and questions and an improved user interface. Dr. Mark Scheuer joins Dr. Richard Brenner as co-author, and has prepared an entirely new module devoted to quantitative EEG and trending. The module includes a didactic section to help users understand how the technology works and findings are interpreted, and includes multi-layered cases from the ICU, Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and ambulatory EEG settings. These cases illustrate the use of quantitative EEG trending and seizure detection during review of prolonged EEG recordings.
- • Contains more than 200 cases covering the full gamut of adult neurology
- • Includes new cases, questions, and an entirely new module devoted to quantitative EEG (QEEG) studies
- • An interactive approach to learning
- • Simulates an EEG reading session-the user can advance through cases in random order, by topic, or keyword
- • A self-assessment practice quiz, with answers and rationales
- • Simple navigation: all information can be accessed in either audio or text mode
Adult EEG teaches EEG interpretation to neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology fellows, neurologists, and neurodiagnostic technologists.