Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Nursing
- 7th Ed.
- © Springer Publishing Company, LLC
- Mariah Snyder PhD; Mary Fran Tracy PhD, RN, CCNS, FAAN; Ruth Lindquist PhD, RN, FAAN
- ISBN-10: 0-8261-9612-8 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8261-9612-5
- eISBN-13: 978-0-8261-9762-7
- Nursing, Complementary & Alternative Medicine
The seventh edition of this highly acclaimed book continues to deliver evidence-based practice guidelines for the use of complementary and alternative therapies in nursing. It is the only book about complementary/alternative therapies that is focused on nursing, has chapters that examine specific therapies along with guidance for their implementation, and addresses therapies through a cultural/international lens. It reflects the rapid expansion of research on many complementary therapies and the exponential increase in the use of these therapies in the United States and globally. This new edition satisfies the recent requirement by the AACN for knowledge of complementary therapies as essential content for BA and Post-BA programs and will assist students in their study for NCLEX-RN test items regarding complementary therapies.
New to this edition are the contributions of a new editor, Dr. Mary Frances Tracy, who is a recognized expert in the use of complementary therapies in both research and practice settings. In addition to the updating of all research-related content, the book now includes a focus on the use of alternative therapies outside of the U.S. and content on cultural therapies that nurses may encounter in clinical agencies. The book incorporates the most up-to-date information from the National Center for Complementary/Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), the relationship of technology to complementary therapies, updated information about precautions to be taken or interactions to note when using these therapies, instructions for the use of various therapies, and available resources and legal aspects related to the use of complementary therapies.
New to the Seventh Edition:
- • Completely updated research-related contents
- • A focus on the international use of alternative/complementary therapies
- • Incorporates new information from the National Center for Complementary/Alternative Medicine including their most recent classifications for complementary therapies
- • New content on cultural therapies that nurses may encounter
- • Technology and complementary therapies
- • New information on precautions and potential interactions
- • Instruction techniques for each therapy in exhibit form
- • Legal concerns regarding the use of complementary therapies
- • New references providing cutting edge content
Specialty Score: 2.73 Nursing - Alternative Therapies
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"Consistently offers easily accessible and timely information on how complementary therapies influence the health, comfort, and well-being of patients in a variety of clinical settings. It is an influential resource for nurses in practice, education, and research."
-- Janice Post-White, PhD, RN, FAAN - Doody's Review - previous edition
"Complementary and alternative therapies are increasingly popular and this book provides an informative and up-to-date introduction to the more commonly used treatments."
-- IAHPC Newsletter (International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care)