Taber's® Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
- 22nd Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Donald Venes, M.D., M.S.J., F.A.C.P.
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2979-6 / ISBN-10: 0-8036-2977-X / ISBN-13: 0-8036-2978-8 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2977-6 (Thumb Index Version; includes DVD) / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2978-3 (Non-Indexed Version; includes DVD) / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2979-0 (Deluxe Version; includes DVD)
- Dictionaries, Nursing
Taber’s 22 bring meanings to life!
Taber’s 22nd Edition is the all-in-one, go-to source in the classroom, clinical, and beyond.
Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants, representing nearly every health care profession, ensures that the content reflects the most current healthcare information.
A wealth of resources puts the language of nursing, medicine and the healthcare professions at your fingertips:
- • Explore through Sight & Sound features over 1,200 images
- • Taber's Audio provides pronunciations for over 32,000 terms found in Taber's.
- • Vocabulary The extensive vocabulary defined in Taber's has been updated to meet the ongoing needs of health care students, educators, and clinicians, as well as interested consumers.
- • Entry Placement Taber's combines two systems for the placement and organization of entries: (a) main entries in strict alphabetical order; and (b) a main entry-subentry format.
- • and more...
Must-know, rarely memorized information.
- • Appendices for normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffices, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and complementary and alternative medicine.
- • Full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders.
- • Translations of common healthcare terms and phrases in English, French, and Spanish.
The tools for success.
- • Patient Care Statements summarize assessment, treatment, and patient teaching requirements.
- • Caution/Safety Statements set in red bars with an easy-to find icon highlight information critical to safe patient care.
- • Nursing-focused appendices include all NANDA-approved diagnoses organized alphabetically and by diseases/disorders, NIC intervention labels and definitions, and NOC outcome labels and definitions.