Health Professional's Guide to Food Allergies and Intolerances, The
- © Diana Faulhaber
- Janice Vickerstaff Joneja, PhD, RD
- ISBN-10: 0-88091-453-X / ISBN-13: 978-0-88091-453-6
- Nutrition & Dietetics, Immunology
This comprehensive guide sheds light on the latest science behind food allergies and intolerances as well as practical suggestions for their management.
- The science behind food allergies and food intolerances and how these two types of reactions differ.
- The role of elimination diets and challenge protocols in identifying food sensitivities.
- Symptoms, diagnosis and management of 24 foods and food components known to cause adverse reactions, including the “top ten”:
- Tree Nuts
Specialty Score: 2.4 Health Sciences - Nutrition
Go to Doody's Review page
Quotes, Reviews or Testimonials
"This will be useful to any practitioner who has a patient with a food sensitivity. It is a quick reference that explains the particular condition very thoroughly. There are not many comprehensive books that focus on this particular topic in such a comprehensive and concise manner."
-- Julia Socke, RD, LDN, CDE (University of Chicago Medical Center) Doody's Review
This title is written for dietitians and other healthcare professionals. The author is a registered dietitian and a professor in medical microbiology.