Joint Structure and Function: A Comprehensive Analysis
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Cynthia C. Norkin PT, EdD; Pamela K. Levangie PT, DSc, FAPTA
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2362-3 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2362-0
- eISBN-10: 0-8036-2634-7 / eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2634-8
- Physical Therapy, Anatomy, Orthopedics/Orthopaedics
The perfect balance of clarity and comprehensiveness—now more reader friendly and visually appealing than ever.
This popular text offers the clear, logical discussions of the basic theory of joint structure and muscle action and provides the foundation you need to understand both normal and pathologic function.
The 5th Edition features a dynamic new full color design, videos, and a streamlined biomechanics chapter. Thoroughly revised and updated, it incorporates the latest research findings and techniques, reflecting the text’s emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- • Prepares you to evaluate and treat human movement disorders with lucid discussions of biomechanics, joint structure, connective tissue behavior, and muscle physiology.
- • Features an evidence-based approach that applies current research to illustrate and prepares you for the complexity that evidence-based content brings to practice.
- • Focuses on the continuum of normal structure and function to show how deviations from normal may create or underlie disordered movement or dysfunction.
- • Enhances your comprehension of content with end-of-chapter questions.
- • Illustrates real-world application using Patient Cases and Case Application that show you WHY they need to understand the principles presented and the close link between normal and abnormal musculoskeletal function.
- • Highlights key points with Concept Cornerstone boxes and periodic summaries.
- • Promotes critical thinking on controversial topics through Continuing Exploration boxes.
New to this Edition:
- • Full-color design bring kinesiology alive with over 830 images that simply and elegantly portray basic and complex biomechanical and kinesiology concepts.
- • Streamlined biomechanics chapter provides a strong foundation for understanding the requirements for normal function and clinical approaches to patient care.t
- • Kinesiology Videos on DVD present more than 50 high-quality teaching videos for biomechanics, functional anatomy/kinesiology, posture, and gait.
- • Demonstrates typical and impaired gait at both normal and slowed speeds to enhance understanding of the requirements for gait and the effects of limitations.
- • Illustrates normal concepts and movements that are often difficult to understand, such as active and passive insufficiency.
- • Shows the effects of restrictions of normal movements on tasks of everyday living, such as combing hair, stepping up on a stool, or getting up from a chair.
Specialty Score: 2.8 Nursing - Anatomy/Physiology
Go to Doody's Review page