Medical Moulage: How to Make Your Simulations Come Alive (2012)
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Bobbie Merica
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2499-9 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2499-3
- eISBN-10: 0-8036-3307-6 / eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3307-0
- Diagnosis, Nursing
Make your simulations come alive with this cookbook for medical moulage!
Hear, feel, see, and smell like it’s the real thing!
Here’s an easy-to-use guide to creating over 300 special effects for clinical simulations! Simple recipes with over 1,200 vibrant, full-color illustrations provide step-by-step directions that use readily available ingredients. Heighten the realism in your simulations whether using manikins or live actors!
- • Four-part organization encompasses tissue/disease/effect, body part, obstetric/newborn, and cases.
- • Disease and injury progression shown from 1 hour to 1 day to 3-4 days later.
- • Easy-to-follow recipes describe skill level required, objective, ingredients and equipment required, technique, setting the stage, shortcuts to save time, how to clean up and store the effects, how to create smell (if relevant), and things to avoid.