Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Kathleen Ryan Fletcher RN, DNP, GNP-BC, FAAN; Laurie Kennedy-Malone PhD, GNP-BC, FAANP, FGSA; Lori Martin-Plank PhD, FNP-BC, NP-C, GNP-BC, FAANP
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2491-3 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2491-7
- eISBN-10: 0-8036-4124-9 / eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-4124-2
- Nursing, Geriatric Medicine
Explore effective ways to enhance the wellness and independence of older adults across the wellness-illness continuum.
From an overview of the theories of aging and assessment through the treatment of disorders, including complex illnesses, this evidence-based book provides the comprehensive gerontological coverage you need to prepare for your role as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
Understand how to easily identify factors that may affect the wellness of your patients and their families. Plus, enhance your critical-thinking skills with real-world case studies that bring concepts to life.
- • Essential gerontological coverage—perfect for Advanced Practice Nursing students.
- • A focus on caring for the older adult along the wellness-illness continuum and how to help this population maintain wellness and independence.
- • Body Systems chapters covering common disorders in the older adult.
- • Coverage of psychosocial issues that can affect the health and wellness of the older adult, family, and society.
- • Evidence-based citations to support practice.
- • “Signal Symptoms” feature to help you quickly target potential differential diagnoses.