Medical Terminology Systems: A Body Systems Approach
- 7th Ed.
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Barbara A. Gylys MEd, CMA-A (AAMA); Mary Ellen Wedding MEd, MT(ASCP), CMA (AAMA), CPC (AAPC)
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-3575-3 (Text w/TermPlus 3.0) / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3575-3 (Text w/TermPlus 3.0)
- eISBN-13: 978-0-8036-3913-3 / eISBN: 0-8036-3913-9
- Anatomy, Nursing
A word building and body systems approach!
A unique, multimedia learning package—text, TermPlus 3.0, resources online at DavisPlus, and The Medical Language Lab, a new, interactive, online experience for mastering the language of medicine—offers a true blend of words, art, and technology. The perfect length for any course, this full-color, illustrated text uses a body systems organization with an emphasis on word building.
You’ll begin by learning the parts of words—roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes. Then, use your understanding of word parts to learn medical terminology. Mnemonic devices and engaging, interactive activities make word-building fun and easy, ensuring you retain the information you need for success.
Online. Interactive. Progressive.
The Medical Language Lab is the new, interactive, online program that ensures your students master the language of medicine. Based on proven language methodology, it guides your students step by step from basic through advanced levels of proficiency to become confident medical language speakers.
A special code in the front of the book unlocks The MLL for you and your students. Use it with your current learning management system or with its integrated grade book. Customize it to meet the needs of your course.
- • The author’s innovative word-building approach covers each word one by one, introducing the word elements first; roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes, to help you easily decipher medical terminology.
- • Full-color illustrations and a streamlined layout helps you progress throughout the text, step by step.
- • A reading level, appropriate for all learners, makes concepts crystal clear.
- • Body Systems Connections tables identify interrelationships of each body system to give you a thorough understanding of each system.
- • Coverage features all aspects of healthcare, including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and a strong focus on A&P and pathology.
- • Every body systems chapter includes complete medical records, word-building activities, and key terms.
- • Coverage of commonly used psychiatric terms and drugs.
- • Competency-based, self-paced, multimedia program.
- • A wealth of activities, including:
- Anatomy Focus
- Word-Building and Word-Breakdown activities
- Programmed Learning
- 12 Crossword Puzzles
- 12 Word Scrambles
- 12 Terminology Teasers
- Chart Notes—11 activities in all
New to this Edition:
- • NEW! A special code in the front of the book gives you exclusive access to The Medical Language Lab, a new, interactive online experience that ensures your mastery of the language of medicine.
- • NEW! Learning activities in each body system chapter, including word building and critical thinking exercises.
- • NEW & REVISED! Photographs of pathologies and medical procedures.
- • UPDATED! Terms and procedures revised to reflect the most current information.