General and Oral Pathology for Dental Hygiene Practice
- © F. A. Davis Company
- Alice E. Curran DMD, MS; Sandra L. Myers DMD
- ISBN-10: 0-8036-2577-4 / ISBN-13: 978-0-8036-2577-8
- Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, Pathology
Develop the foundation in pathology you need to recognize the signs and symptoms of the oral conditions and the manifestations of systemic diseases you’ll encounter in clinical practice.
Step by step, you’ll learn about the etiology of each disease or condition, how to recognize it, what the diagnostic process is, how the disease progresses, and what the treatment options are. Concise text and full-color photographs, complemented by animations of pathological processes online at DavisPlus, show you exactly what you need to know. Interactive case studies and critical-thinking exercises prepare you to make the correct patient care decisions.
- • Meets the needs of multiple learning styles and traditional and non-traditional students
- • Demonstrates key pathological processes with full-color animations online at DavisPlus that clearly illustrate the stages of pathological development and their implications for oral care.
- • Presents full-color clinical photographs as well as crisp radiographs and illustrations of the most commonly seen disorders to make recognition easier.
- • Uses clinical implication boxes that correlate chapter discussions to clinical practice to provide a real-world view of the relevance of oral pathology to practice of dental hygiene today.
- • Offers critical-thinking exercises based on case scenarios followed by a series of thought-provoking questions that encourage the student to think through the chapter discussions and apply their knowledge.
- • Addresses the most important aspects of general pathology, its relationship to head and neck pathology, and its relevance to the practice of dental hygiene.
- • Includes an overview of normal diagnostic processes and their clinical findings.
- • Reflects contemporary topics and trends in general and head and neck pathology.
- • Features a wealth of tools in consistently organized chapters to guide your learning;
- Learning objectives
- Chapter outlines
- Vocabulary lists with pronunciations
- Clinical application boxes
- Full-color clinical photographs, radiographs, and illustrations
- Critical-thinking exercises
- Test questions in National Dental Hygiene Board format