Dental Assisting Instrument Guide
- 2nd Ed.
- © Cengage Learning
- Donna Phinney CDA, BA, M.Ed; Judy Halstead CDA, BA
- ISBN-10: 1-133-69159-5 / ISBN-13: 978-1-1336-9159-4
Dental Assisting Instrument Guide, 2nd Edition is the ideal pocket study guide, presenting the numerous instruments used in modern dentistry, along with proper functions, parts, and tray set-ups. Instruments for all practice areas are covered in detail, alongside supporting hundreds of color photos that make memorization easy. Compact and organized for quick reference, Dental Assisting Instrument Guide, 2nd Edition provides the fundamental instrument knowledge dental assistants need for success in the ever-changing field of dentistry.
- • Updates have been made throughout to address changes in instruments and equipment.
- • New chapters cover disposable equipment and barrier devices, laboratory equipment, and radiography equipment.
Features and Benefits:
- • Clarifying Photos: More than 300 full-color photos—including close-ups, instrument tips, and action shots—make this guide ideal for chairside or classroom reference.
- • Worry-Free Set-Ups: Detailed color photos depict tray set-ups for common procedures, and limit errors in preparation.
- • Hygiene Help: Icons and color coding provide at-a-glance sterilization procedures and OSHA codes for specific equipment.